Crayons serve as a fun, colorful way for children to express themselves. However, if your little artist loves to color, chances are they may also wreak havoc on your beautiful carpeting. When this happens, don’t panic!
At Triple S, we know that stain removal works best when you act fast. Here are our spot removal tips to remove that crayon stain and have your carpet looking like nothing ever happened:
The Best Spot Removal Method for Crayon Stains
- Apply a small amount of dry cleaning solvent or alcohol. Use small amounts to prevent any possible damage to your carpeting. Make sure never to use a flammable cleaning product on your rug.
- Mix one teaspoon of white neutral mild liquid detergent with a cup of lukewarm water. Apply this in small amounts as much as needed to remove the stain.
- Use a clean, white absorbent towel. A light-colored towel will allow you to see that the stain is being removed entirely.
- Be sure to blot frequently and continue to apply the cleaning solvent and detergent mixture until the staining no longer transfers to the towel.
Some Spot Removal Tips to Always Remember:
- Have patience. Some stains will respond slowly to removal, and it may take a few tries to remove it.
- Work from the outer edge of the stain into the center. Typically, the outer areas of a stain are lighter than the middle.
- Do not over wet the area — blot, blot, blot! Rubbing may distort your rug.
- If you are unsure of what formula to use, you can test it in a small area of your carpet.
After trying to remove the stain yourself, if you notice a change in color of the stain or it just won’t disappear, call a professional cleaner for help. If your rug is in desperate need of a cleaning, or if you have questions about rug care, call on the experts of Triple S! We’ll be sure to use our expertise to keep your area rug looking its best. Call us today! 203-847-8000