Once summer finally arrives, you should be in vacation-mode — not cleaning-mode! If your family has a home away from home for the next 3 to 4 months, it’s best to take a trip to your oasis now to start cleaning!
We know that it can be hard to find the time, but if you don’t want to be completing chores for hours on arrival, grab your cleaning supplies, a cleaning buddy, and start scrubbing!
Indoor Cleaning Checklist
- Clean ALL kitchen appliances and equipment (i.e., coffee maker, microwave, grill). Don’t forget to give your pots and pans a good rinse — they’ve been left aside for dust and debris to collect.
- Wipe down all countertops, stovetops, and glass cabinets.
- Stock your fridge and pantry with plenty of food, snacks, and drinks for your family an friends to enjoy when they arrive.
- Replenish your kitchen with dish and hand soap, garbage bags, pot holders, and dish towels.
- Dust off ceiling fans, lamps, blinds, TV units, and air vents.
- Clean glass windows and curtains or blinds.
- Wipe down your couches and clean any blankets or upholstery.
- Last, but certainly not least, don’t forget to vacuum!
If you need a professional carpet or upholstery cleaner, call Triple S!
- Clean, scrub, and sanitize your entire bathroom — toilet, sink, and shower included.
- Restock toilet paper, hand towels and shower towels, and shower supplies.
- Check for any leaks or clogs with your plumbing.
If you want to take your cleaning one step further, read our blog: 4 Ways To Green Clean Your Bathroom!
- Change bedsheets, pillowcases, and comforters. It will also come in handy to have a few spare bed sheets, pillowcases, and blankets for your guest bedrooms.
- Check and change any broken light bulbs.
To find out how to clean your bedding, read: We Care For Bedspreads and Comforters.
Outdoor Cleaning Checklist
- Powerwash and sweep the deck.
- Clean your patio furniture and cushions.
- Clean your outdoor grill utensils.
- Replace any broken landscape lights.
If you left your patio cushions with Triple S for cleaning and storing, call us and we’ll deliver them straight to your door!
- Plant new flowers and pick out any weeds.
- Plan out your watering schedule for the summer.
- Clean the windows, screens, and shutters.
- Powerwash your home’s siding.
At Triple S, we are dedicated to keeping your home Clean Fresh & Bright through all four seasons. So if you need us this summer, please don’t hesitate to give us a call! We are a family owned business with over 50 years of experience.
We have three main plant locations:
Stamford Plant | 400 West Main Street
Norwalk Plant | 337 Westport Avenue
Stratford Plant | 1800 Stratford Avenue