Halloween doesn’t just scary the little kids, it’s also a nightmare for your home! But don’t fear — we have a way for you to undo all the spooky disasters this holiday brought upon your home. Use each of the cleaning agents on the stained area in the order indicated until the stain is removed.
Colored hair spray and makeup: 1, 2, 3
Fake blood: 2, 3, 5
Chocolate: 2, 3, 4, 5
Egg: 2, 3, 5
Food coloring: 2, 3
Soft drinks: 2, 3, 4
Ink: (use alcohol) 1, 2, 3
1. Apply a small amount of dry cleaning solvent or alcohol (available at grocery, drug and hardware stores). Use small amounts to prevent any possible damage to sizing, backings, or stuffing materials. Do not use gasoline, lighter fluid or other flammables.
2. Mix one teaspoonful of white neutral detergent (a mild liquid dishwashing detergent containing no strong alkalies or bleaches) with a cup of lukewarm water.
3. Mix one tablespoon of household ammonia with a half cup of water.
4. Mix one-third cup of white household vinegar with two-thirds cup of water.
5. Mix a solution of powdered enzyme laundry detergent following label or box directions. Allow the solution to remain on the stain for the length of time recommended by the manufacturer.
NOTE: Never mix ammonia and bleach during the cleaning operation.
Some stains require special professional care. If the stain is not removed by a prescribed household method, consult a professional cleaner.
At Triple S, we offer professional cleaning services, including rug, carpet, upholstery, and tile cleaning. We are a family owned business with over 50 years of experience and are here to help you keep your home looking and feeling Clean, Fresh, & Bright!
Triple S has three main plant locations:
Stamford Plant | 400 West Main Street
Norwalk Plant | 337 Westport Avenue
Stratford Plant | 1800 Stratford Avenue