It’s hard to say goodbye to our seasonal properties — it’s a place you dream of nine months out of the year. And your vacation home misses you too when you’re not there. The place can quickly get dusty, dirty, and in need of repair.
Before you hit the lights and lock away the key, follow this cleaning checklist to protect your home until next year.
- Turn off all nonessential utilities.
- Secure all windows and doors.
- Turn on your alarm system.
- Close your storm shutters.
- Dispose of trash and perishable foods.
- Adjust your furnace settings for the upcoming season.
- Bring in your outdoor furniture (or store it with us!).
- Unplug your appliances and electronics.
- Request mail-forwarding services.
Consider a semi-annual deep clean for your vacation home as well. A deep clean includes:
- Washing curtains.
- Flipping mattresses.
- Deep-cleaning rugs/carpets.
- Treating wood surfaces.
- Steam-cleaning or conditioning furniture.
- Clean all appliances.
This is a great time to ensure your home is in tip-top shape for next season. If your vacation home is in need of some basic maintenance, call the textile experts at Triple S! We offer several professional cleaning services, including carpet, upholstery, grout, and tile cleaning. We also offer patio and boat cushion storage and cleaning for the winter season!
Triple S has three main plant locations:
To learn more about how we can help you keep your home looking and feeling Clean, Fresh, & Bright, connect with us on social media or visit our website!