Just when you think you’ve solved your dust dilemma, it comes back to haunt you. And when the holidays come around, the last thing you want is to feel embarrassed by the dirt in your home. No sweat! Here are some of the most creative ways you can create a dust-free environment.
1. Lay out doormats. First things first. Dirt particles are a huge part of dust, so you want to stop dirt from coming through the door. Set up doormats both outside and inside every door. Ask your guests to kindly take off their shoes.
2. Groom pets regularly. Dead skin cells are another major source of dust, and unfortunately our furry companions don’t help. But if you groom them often, it can minimize a great deal of that dust. The same goes for kittens – they can clean for themselves, but their litter boxes can’t!
3. Go for carpet. Contrary to popular belief, carpet doesn’t create more dust – it just holds it in more. Hardwood makes dust go airborne, especially once you open the windows for fresh air (we know you might be doing that this holiday season). We’re not saying you need to purchase a carpet right now, but it’s something to think about. Plus, a few rugs might help.
4. Wash your sheets often. Talk about dust mites! Use a mild detergent to wash your sheets and pillows once a week to stay dust-free. Then dry and fluff them. You can also choose to take them out for dry cleaning – make sure to read labels.
5. Don’t forget upholstery. Yes, upholstery can hold a lot of dust too. Vacuums weren’t only make for carpets – take it to your upholstery and window treatments too! Better yet, schedule a professional cleaning.
If vacuuming doesn’t help your dusty situation, turn to Triple S! We have the necessary training and experience to safely and effectively clean your rugs, carpet, upholstery, and window treatments. We are a family owned business with over 50 years of experience.
We have three main plant locations:
Norwalk Plant | 337 Westport Avenue
Stratford Plant | 1800 Stratford Avenue