At Triple S, we often receive questions from homeowners about caring for their household items. This includes carpets, comforters, draperies, and more. To help sift through some of the common questions we are often asked, here are five crucial facts you must know about such textiles:
1. Water stains appear when moisture from condensation on the window, humidity or spilled liquids causes the soils to disperse, leaving a stained area.
2. We often hear about white drapes that have yellowed noticeably in certain areas. Most fibers have a natural tendency to slowly oxidize and yellow from aging and atmospheric exposure. Any drapery material used to cover a window is exposed to both direct and indirect light.
3. The best way to prevent excessive damage or fading is to rotate a few different sets of drapes, blankets or comforters periodically, or with the seasons (hint: rotate them for fall!).
4. Handmade quilts are especially susceptible to dye bleeding since the fabric components of the quilt vary. At Triple S, we test quilts to ensure no bleeding will ruin it.
5. Comforters left in direct sunlight can fade in some areas. It is best to keep comforters and heirloom quilts out of direct light to prevent damage.
We hope these facts help you prepare for the seasons ahead! At Triple S, we offer expert carpet, drapery, and upholstery cleaning to help you get your home ready for fall. We are a family owned business with over 50 years of experience. We have three main plant locations:
Norwalk Plant | 337 Westport Avenue
Stratford Plant | 1800 Stratford Avenue