Why do so many homeowners opt for hardwood floors? Well, a few reasons: not only do hardwood floors add instant value to your home but they also have a way of making your space feel more elegant. If you’re thinking about hardwood floors for your home, here are a few things you may not already know:
1. Uniqueness: You will never see the same hardwood floor twice. Because of its organic makeup, your wooden floors will be one-of-a-kind unlike many other laminate and vinyl flooring options.
2. Reactions to climate: Take good care of your hardwood floors by regulating indoor temperature and minimizing sun exposure. All hardwood floors will fade or change shades overtime, but that all depends on the amount of sunlight. Humidity can be another problem, as moisture can cause your flooring to warp. The same goes for accidental spills if not cleaned up properly and immediately.
3. Maintenance and repairs: By mopping, dusting, or vacuuming hardwood, you can easily take good care of your floors. Once a season, be sure to call a professional cleaning company to take care of those hard-to-reach stains.
4. Allergens: Believe it or not, hardwood floor can worsen allergy problems for some. The reason? Unlike carpet, hardwood causes allergens to go airborne as opposed to absorbing them. This means more allergens are flying in the air and around your home. So it is especially careful to clean often.
5. Budget: Although hardwood floors are more expensive than other types of flooring options, most take its lifespan into consideration. Hardwood flooring is more costly upfront but can last you a lifetime with minimal maintenance involved.
Need more expert advice on choosing floors? Contact the textile experts at Triple S! We are a family owned business with over 50 years of experience and are here to help you keep your home looking and feeling Clean, Fresh, & Bright!
Triple S has three main plant locations:
Norwalk Plant | 337 Westport Avenue
Stratford Plant | 1800 Stratford Avenue