Most people grab their favorite items from stores like say, Pottery Barn or Bed Bath and Beyond. The problem here is that your home will look much like someone else’s. But what if we were to create our own decor pieces? It doesn’t have to be anything crazy, but with a little time, dedication, and a few tools, you’ll feel good knowing your home was made with your own two hands (at least a little bit). PLUS, guests will asked where you purchased it, and you’ll have the satisfaction of telling them what a unique design you’ve made. We believe you can!
Fluff Your Couch
After a few years, your couch will start to sag. Most couch cushions have a back zipper. If yours do then give it a little extra fluff with this DIY idea:
- Remove the cushion from its cover
- Add three layers of Poly-Fil Quilt Batting to each foam cushion
- Secure each layer with a spray adhesive. Spray between each layer.
- Call a carpet and upholstery cleaning company to clean your couch cushions while you’re on the task
Now you might be thinking, “Why would I need or want a ladder?” Ladders believe it or not add personality in a room and act as fantastic storage spaces for throw blankets and towels. Try this one:
You will need copper plumbing pipes, brought at your local hardware store. Use a pipe cutter to cut the following:
- Top and bottom: 4X4 inches length copper pipe
- Five rungs: 5X12 inches
- Mid Section: 8X10 inches
- Using these different sized copper pipes, assembly should be straightforward.
- To cap things off, we recommend putting a dab of adhesive inside the copper tees and caps when assembling to strengthen the ladder.
Wall Hanging Art
Who said bathmats should only be used in bathrooms? Artisans create wonderful pieces of fabric that many times deserve a respectable display, so give this one a go:
- Stick three pieces of tape to create a triangle (or whatever shape you prefer)
- Paint within the lines with acrylic paint for a unique design (use blue, pink, green – you name it)
- One paint is completely dry, cut a bunch of 12 inch pieces of upholstery cord to make some fringe
- Hot glue should make this one stick
If your home needs more than fresh decor, say a professional upholstery cleaning, give the textile experts at Triple S a call – we’re happy to help! We are a family owned business with over 50 years of experience and are here to help you keep your home looking and feeling Clean, Fresh, & Bright no matter how messy your furry friends might be!
Triple S has three main plant locations:
Norwalk Plant | 337 Westport Avenue
Stratford Plant | 1800 Stratford Avenue