You can’t get enough of your loving cats and dogs, but as for accidents – well, we can certainly do without those! Not only does your pet’s urine stink up a room – it also stains your carpet. That is, unless you clean it quickly enough! Here are a few tips to help you catch those urine stains before they soak up:
Step 1: Mix 1 teaspoonful of white neutral detergent (a mild liquid dishwashing detergent containing no strong alkalies or bleaches) with 1 cup of lukewarm water.
Step 2: Blend 1 tablespoon of household ammonia with ½ cup of water. Blot until no more urine is removed.
Step 3: Neutralize by mixing ⅓ cup of white household vinegar with ⅔ cup of water.
Step 4: Blot up any remaining moisture by pressing or padding the area with the absorbent white towel and weigh it down. Allow to dry for 6 hours.
While cleaning up pet messes, remember the following key tips:
- Test your spotting solution in an inconspicuous area
- Urine stains may cause permanent dye removal from fibers
- Avoid mixing ammonia and bleach during your clean-up operation
- Always blot from the outer corner of the stain, inwards
- For further help, you can find a IICRC certified carpet cleaner in your area b visiting www.iicrc.org.
For more spot removal tips, please click here.
At Triple S, we offer wall to wall carpet, tile, and drapery cleaning, and will give you a bottle of our most-trusted ProSeal fabric protector to ensure your furniture stays fresh all year round!
We have three main plant locations:
Norwalk Plant | 337 Westport Avenue
Stratford Plant | 1800 Stratford Avenue