Afraid of spills and accidents? While your answer may be yes, that’s no reason to avoid that beige carpet you always wanted.
Oils often adhere tenaciously to fibers, building up and becoming a physical part of the fabric – but DON’T PANIC! By taking immediate action, this can be easily avoided. See below for our expert tips on spills and spot removal:
1. Blot up spills. Using a clean white absorbent material, immediately soak up the spill.
2. Pre-test spot removal formulas. Before using a new formula, test a small amount on a not-so-noticeable area of the fabric. Put a few drops of formula on each color in the fabric and examine the results. If dye has bled into the absorbent material and cause a color change, call a professional ASCR member cleaner for advice.
3. Do not over-wet. Problems can arise from using large amounts of formulas. Work with small amounts of formulas and blot frequently. Avoid rubbing or brushing the fabric.
4. Work from the outer edge toward the center of the stain. For best results, follow this essential rule.
5. Have patience. Some stains respond slowly.
Need further assistance maintaining clean fabrics? Call the specialists at Triple S! We have three main plant locations:
For more cleaning tips and updates, connect with us on social media!